Friday, November 1, 2013

Back to where it all started... What I'm thankful for..



Ah yes... top of the Manitou Incline..    I took this sunrise photo this morning after making the climb to the top with my friend Matt.  I can't believe that I haven't been up there since last Spring! Such a great hike up, and run back down the trail.



I mean.. how could I have been skipping out one views like this?  Granted, you only get these after climbing a mile almost straight up... but what else would you be doing at 530 AM?  :-)  And I love that moment when climbing with a friend when all conversation suddenly stops... and the battle for oxygen begins!

Anyway, it felt so great to get back up there and also that lovely run back down Barr Trail...  I can't think of a better way to start a Friday and the month of November.



And speaking of November, each year I like to post a daily status from the first to Thanksgiving, just making note of something I'm thankful for.  And today, I'm thankful for my health and the mobility to get up to beautiful places like this....  one thing I will never take for granted.

Hope you have a terrific month, and be sure to remember what you are thankful for... and stay tuned for my Incline pics as I plan to get back into the regular rotation of getting up here!

And, for those of you not fortunate enough to get out to Colorado and experience the Incline, here is a goofy little video I made back just before I started blogging..  Includes a little from the Incline, and the run back down Barr Trail...




Happy Trails!

Jeff
http://barefootinclined.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

I live for comments.. so leave one! Thanks!