Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Brrr...

Well... looks like we are about 1/2 way or more toward 10 inches of snow between last night and today.  While I am all for working on my cold weather tolerance for my feet, this is a bit beyond my threshold! I was planning on doing the Incline tomorrow morning, but thinking I may push that to Friday and see what the conditions are like.

This leads me more to thinking about how to get good runs in during the more extreme times in the winter.  We are considering getting a treadmill, but I know that can pose some challenges for barefoot running also.  If you are considering this as an alternative, Michael Sandler offers some great advice here.

On the days that I don't run, I have a DVD workout that I have been using for the last year or so. It's from the reality show The Biggest Loser.  I really like it because you can customize workouts and start off easy and work your way up.  Currently I do both of the strength/conditioning workouts back to back on non-running days.  I highly recommend this DVD... it has really helped me develop better core strength and leg strength for skiing/running. It really is geared to be a great starting point if you haven't worked out at all, but allows you to customize once you are in better shape.  And look it's only $7.54 on Amazon here.

Here's to working out no matter the weather!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I live for comments.. so leave one! Thanks!