Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Ice is nice... well, not really.

Felt so good today to head up the Incline, since the last opportunity I had was last Monday.  It was a little chilly, but not too bad really. I started up with my home made toe socks, but for some reason today they kept wanting to bunch up to the front of my foot/toes.  I don't know.. maybe they shrunk or something...   so before getting halfway up, I took them off.  Everything was great until after cresting the false summit.  At that point there was a good stretch of the Incline still covered with compacted ice/snow.  Needless to say, after crossing that section, my toes chilled down quick!  Also, I had to slow down quite a bit.... last thing I wanted to do was bobsled back down. Once at the top, I sat for a minute and warmed my toes up before heading back down the Barr trail.  Fortunately, the trail is just about ice/snow free all the way down.

For those of you not familiar with the Incline, I'm including a video I made in August. It was dark heading up, so not a lot of footage there. Mostly shots from the top, and then bits and pieces of the run down. Sorry for the bumpy footage, but I shot this with my Flip Video in hand :-).

It's supposed to snow tonight.  I'm planning to go up again on Thursday, this time borrowing some YakTrax from a friend to see how the work before investing in some.

Make it a great day!


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh it is so beautiful. I see why you like to run there. I could never get tired of running with such an amazing setting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah... I am totally hooked, but at least there are a few other crazies out there to join me. I love the incline part for the challenge and workout, but the trail run back down is so great... I haven't been running long, but I think I'm preferring trails to roads for sure..

    ReplyDelete

I live for comments.. so leave one! Thanks!