Friday, October 28, 2011

Happy Friday...

Well, I decided not to go up the Incline this morning, as it was around 19F, and I knew since it was slushy yesterday, it would be plenty icy this morning.  I need to invest in some YakTrax before I attempt it in those kind of conditions.  Instead, it got up to around 40F today, and sunny, so I opted to go for a run in the neighborhood.  I set off on a 5K loop, being careful to watch the icy patches in the shade.  Still ran in my Invisible Shoes without socks, but put some sweats on just because it was cooler.  As I ran down and past the elementary school, I saw that it was recess.  As I glanced over looking to see if our boys were out, I passed into some shade... hit an ice patch... and in a split second I was on my back in the middle of the sidewalk!  Fortunately, my injuries were limited to my pride as I quickly jumped up and continued on.. hoping no one saw me!

Anyway, it was a good run, albeit a bit slow.  Snail pace or not, I still outran my couch!

Oh.. and speaking of running (barefoot/minimalist or not), this run looks awesome!  Check it out

http://runforyourlives.com/


Hope you all have a great weekend :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment

I live for comments.. so leave one! Thanks!