Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Warmin' up

Ok.. maybe I'm crazy.. well, don't answer that.  Since it has been getting closer to freezing in the mornings on the Incline, I've been debating how to keep my toes warm.  I want to hold off on running in conventional shoes as long as I can.  I poked around looking for sock options, like these yoga socks from Injinji, but they are pricey. It dawned on me that I just bought a few pairs of poly socks from Old Navy for $1.25 a pair on clearance.  So, what the heck, I marked the space between my toes, cut it, and sewed them back up.  Bam! toe socks for my Invisible Shoes! My only concern is the impact it will have on the traction of my foot against the foot bed of the sandals.  Thursday morning will be the test as I run up the incline, and 3.5 miles downhill on the Barr Trail.  I'll let you know how it goes!


Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

I live for comments.. so leave one! Thanks!